What Kind Of Mesothelioma-Related Claim Is Eligible For A Lawsuit?
This depends on several factors including:
- The company responsible for the actions
- How much asbestos you were exposed to
- How long you were exposed to it
- If your exposure was related to your military service
You may be eligible for one or more of these legal claims:
- Out-of-Court Settlement
- Filing a Private Lawsuit
- VA Mesothelioma Claim
- Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Fund Settlement
You may also be eligible to file multiple claims depending on your personal circumstances, and the state where you file your claim/settlement request. Our experienced mesothelioma lawyers will negotiate the settlement amount that you ultimately agree to or decline.
What Type Of Compensation For Mesothelioma Can I Request?
This may depend on the claim or lawsuit you’re filing. However, like other personal injury claims, you may be able to include:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Lost wages for time off work
- Lost future wages/salary you would have earned working if you were not diagnosed with Mesothelioma
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Punitive damages that are punishment to the company for wrongdoing
If you lost a loved one because of mesothelioma, you may be able to seek wrongful death damages, in addition to the above listed types of compensation. Because wrongful death claim laws vary by state, our legal team can investigate to see if you qualify to file both claims. If so, they will advise you on exactly how you can be compensated for your loss.
You can also request compensation for pleural mesothelioma as well as the less common but similarly serious types, including:
- Other malignant mesothelioma
What Does It Cost To Hire A Lawyer To File A Lawsuit For Mesothelioma?
Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, so there is no cost to file your lawsuit. You only pay us if we win a settlement, a trial verdict award, or a payment from a mesothelioma trust fund. All of the details are written into your contract, which we discuss with you before we proceed. You and your family will never have to pay anything out of pocket, and there are no hidden fees.